About Me

A weight port permanently positioned in the center of the back of an iron head during assembly, the Precision Weighting Port assures that each TaylorMade R11 Irons in the set is of uniform swingweight while also ensuring that the CG location is precisely and optimally positioned in the center of the face between the toe and heel. In the past, clubmakers have installed cartridges of varying weight in the hosel to adjust swingweight, and by doing so have pulled the CG closer to the heel to varying degrees, resulting in a set of irons consistent in swingweight but inconsistent in CG location.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TaylorMade R11 Irons Look

The Forward I have been fortunate to have had these irons in my bag for a few weeks as TaylorMade provided these at no charge at a recent launch event, looking for feedback. I've played 3 rounds and logged several hours on the range. With all the talk out there about these, I've been dying to give a little insight. Finally they've been announced, and I can, so on to the fun part! I've tried to put some of what I remember from the presentation I saw with my own opinions. My opinions are my own - TM didn't ask for a review - but they're really positive. I'm surprised Taylormade R11 Driver  vat how much I like these. On the the TaylorMade R11 Irons Review! My Game
I'm a shade under a 9 handicap. Good driving sets up my game for good scoring. Typical solid rounds are a lot of pars and some bogeys, limiting the damage to a double-bogey or two. 1 or 2 birdies a round is my average. I'm not a very high-ball hitter and prefer lighter weight shafts, but standard swing weight irons. I can TaylorMade R9 460 Driver effectively play 'off-the-rack' setups out of the box as they're very close to my actual specs. I've been playing TaylorMade MCs for the better part of the summer with success. I've ONLY played forged irons Taylormade R9 Supermax Fairway Wood for several years because I LOVE forged feel. I've tried some cast clubs and disliked every one. R11 Irons Tech Talk
A bit of inspiration for the R11 mizuno mx-1000 irons iron came from the CGB Max. Remember those? They were loaded with technology and also about $1300 new. A few years back, TaylorMade would perform full fittings for customers. They'd be all set and ready to order...and then they'd hit the CGB Max. A whopping 80% of those who hit the CGB Max ordered that instead, despite the higher price! The club just flat out performed. So, the goal is to create a more attractive club with CGB Max-type technology and better feel -- all at a $799 price point. Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Irons A big task indeed. The resulting R11 Iron is a marriage of the Burner and Tour Preferred lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment